Sender:'Keith Martin' keith@...
Date/Time:2014-Aug-30 19:50:55
Subject:Re: Kings Peak Summit Panorama

PanoTools NG: Re: Kings Peak Summit Panorama 'Keith Martin' keith@... 2014-Aug-30 19:50:55
On 30 Aug 2014, at 17:50, Alan Ritter #removed# [PanoToolsNG]
wrote:

> Full-frame as opposed to circular...D200 is a DX-sensor, so the 10.5
> fills it at 180 corner-to-corner.  Sorry if I confused anyone.

I think it's a weakness in our terminology! :)

In terms of the horizon, if you spin the pano around purely horizontally
you'll get a send of the levelling problem: the distant peak a little to
the left of the sun seems to be a little too low, and the area behind
the guy in the baseball cap and shorts is a little too high.
Then go back to PTGui and look at the equirect preview in the Panorama
Editor window. You may be able to fix this by simply dragging (and
perhaps control-dragging) in that window, although this may give you
other things to fix. :)

BTW, if you can bear it and have original RAW files, go back and process
them again to fix chromatic aberration. It's subtle (particularly as
you're not using this lens shaved on a full-frame sensor) but I do see
some signs of red/green fringes.

Posted by: "Keith Martin" <#removed#>