Sender:Jim Coffee groups@...
Date/Time:2016-May-18 17:55:00
Subject:Re: Some coaching please re image overlap

PanoTools NG: Re: Some coaching please re image overlap Jim Coffee groups@... 2016-May-18 17:55:00
jimbo...

Specifically to answer your 'how much overlap' question:  15% should be
fine...however it to some extent depends on what you are photographing.
There needs to be (within that 15%) identifiable pixels that the program
can use as it lines things up.  So, for example, if you are shooting lots
of water or snow or sky, or things that might have motion in them, 15% may
not be enough.

I've photographed and stitched many hundreds of panoramas.  When I have
stitching problems it is generally myself that I blame.

-Jim Coffee-