Sender:jeffreyfish2003
Date/Time:2004-May-05 00:48:15
Subject:Re: nodal point 16mm nikon full frame fisheye?

PanoTools: Re: nodal point 16mm nikon full frame fisheye? jeffreyfish2003 2004-May-05 00:48:15
Thanks Mike for your comments.
I've shoot with normal lense before and the nodal point is easy to
find on those.  The Fisheye has radical distortion of the edges
compared to the centre so the far near off set relationships of
objects apears to be the same but the nodal point can be right out
and cause problems stitching - from what I've read to date and
tested the nodal point for the 16mm is on the front face of the
lense - which seems strange optically.

Regards

Jeffrey

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511