Sender:Thomas Rist
Date/Time:2004-May-13 16:24:49
Subject:Re: {HTML} New tutorial - running the optimizer

PanoTools: Re: {HTML} New tutorial - running the optimizer Thomas Rist 2004-May-13 16:24:49
> It's all in there if you dig, but an
>earlier, separate section comparing the projections would be useful.
>
>I'd actually like to see someday an area-preserving projection for full
>360x180 panoramas, like the Lambert cylindrical equal-area projection,
>which I think would look nicer than straight cylindrical (which is
>rarely used in map projections).
>
>JD

Hello JD,

for the relevant projections (used by PTools), take a look at
Big Ben's tutorials:
http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~bernardk/tutorials/360/index.html
<http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/%7Ebernardk/tutorials/360/index.html>

There is a nice side, where he explains Equirectangular (psphere),
Cylindrical, Rectinlinear (Normal),
Circular Fisheye and Full Frame Fisheye with example pictures. Go to:
http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~bernardk/tutorials/360/background/projec...
<http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/%7Ebernardk/tutorials/360/background/proj...>

@ John Houghton,

really a good tutorial. From now on, we could direct newcomers to this
side, and save time in explaining
the optimizer.

Thank you!

T.Rist