Sender:Mathieu Villegas
Date/Time:2004-Sep-09 16:12:33
Subject:Re: copyright violation?

PanoTools: Re: copyright violation? Mathieu Villegas 2004-Sep-09 16:12:33
If you create a software using any GPL'ed code, you have to redistribute
it with access to the source code under the GPL.
If you create a software with GPL code inside for your private use, you
can keep it secret.
If you use a GPL software from a private software, and you share datas
between this two software (ex: you use a DLL under GPL or a software you
launch and manage with a fork and exec and send datas with pipelines),
you have to redistribute your software under GPL.
To be able to use libraries or software from a not opensource software,
you have to use softwares or libraries which are under LGPL licence, for
example, which allow you to keep your source code secret under certain
conditions.
I hope this can be useful.

Mathieu

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM