Sender:John Houghton
Date/Time:2004-Nov-10 09:59:52
Subject:Re: entrance pupil - nodal point

PanoTools: Re: entrance pupil - nodal point John Houghton 2004-Nov-10 09:59:52

If you move the entrance pupil, by putting a small aperture a short
distance in front of the lens, it is clear that this becomes the
centre of perspective.  If you use the usual techniques for
determining "the nodal point", then it is the position of the
aperture that is found, NOT the nodal point, which hasn't changed.
(I have verified this).  It is not clear to me that one can assume
that the positions of the nodal point and entrance pupil are
necessarily coincident, by accident or design, in modern complex lens
systems.

John

--- In #removed#, "Erik Krause" <#removed#>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM