Sender:Dave 360texas.com
Date/Time:2004-Nov-12 19:19:59
Subject:Re: entrance pupil - nodal point

PanoTools: Re: entrance pupil - nodal point Dave 360texas.com 2004-Nov-12 19:19:59

As I have followed this discussion with great interest from the
beginning I offer these two pictures.

Image 1. I borrowed and modified the your lens picture so that I
could display it here.  This is the way we have our equipment
arranged. Notice that the fisheye lens is center point in the drawn
optic glass.. at which point the image is inverted. We do rotate
about this point and get good stitching results.

Image 2. The next picture is of a fisheye with no iris or aperature
with groups of optics which channel the incoming light rays.  It
appears that the image is inverted about mid center of the lens.

I suspect that the point where the image is inverted is a nodal
point.

Image 1  http://360texas.com/images/nodalpt.jpg

Image 2  http://360texas.com/images/fe.jpg

/s/
dave  @360texas.com

--- In #removed#, "Erik Krause" <#removed#>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM