Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2005-Mar-06 15:06:55
Subject:Re: PanoTools.info

PanoTools: Re: PanoTools.info Erik Krause 2005-Mar-06 15:06:55
On 5 Mar 2005 at 19:55, John Spikowski wrote:

> I'm at a cross road with www.panotools.info and have to make a discussion to
> continue with it or shut it down. I see very little interest by the group to
> help create a home for the group or help with hosting costs. Unless the
> members can convince me to continue with it, the site will be shutdown in
> the next month or two.

As you might remember I wasn't very happy with the idea of moving the
entire list to a web forum. Hence I won't consider it a big loss if
this is not going to take place.

But I still think the wiki is a very good and necessary project.
12237 page views and constant contributions show that it is working,
even though there was not much promotion here in the past weeks. It
would be a pity if the wiki would be shut down.

BTW.: There is still missing a page about PTViewer. Any volunteers?
Other missing pages on
http://wiki.panotools.org/Special:Wantedpages

> I already spend a good amount of time maintaining the PanoTools Yahoo Group
> to keep spammers from joining. (only one spam message in two years and that
> was due to members address book getting compromised)

Many thanks for that!

best regards
--
Erik Krause
Ressources, not only for panorama creation: