Sender:John Hollenberg
Date/Time:2005-Mar-13 17:51:34
Subject:Re: Migration Timeline

PanoTools: Re: Migration Timeline John Hollenberg 2005-Mar-13 17:51:34

--- In #removed#, Fulvio Senore <#removed#> wrote:

> It seems that you have decided that "The bottom line is that being a
> PanoTools members is no longer going to be a free ride."

I predict that a "forced" migration with demands for payment will lead
to a split in the group.  Some will follow to the web site, others
will start a new Yahoo group to discuss panotools in the same
unfettered forum (warts and all).  A pity, but the most likely
outcome.  The key issue is where the most knowledgeable and active
posters choose to go.  If they don't follow to the new web site, it
won't be a vibrant and exciting place to be.  So far quite a number of
them have weighed in against the idea.  I plan to go where this "core"
group chooses to go.

--John

PanoTools Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org
PanoTools PayPal Donation Account: support_AT_panotools.info (_AT_ = @)