Sender:John Spikowski
Date/Time:2005-Mar-15 02:54:29
Subject:RE: Re: Re: Migration Timeline

PanoTools: RE: Re: Re: Migration Timeline John Spikowski 2005-Mar-15 02:54:29
> That said, I can certainly understand if the burden of maintaining and
> moderating the PanoTools list is no longer worth the meager rewards
> you receive of the type I mentioned.  This is perfectly natural, in
> fact it happens all the time.  The only real solution is to reduce or
> eliminate your workload by asking others to volunteer.  Remember, no
> one elected you to the position of list moderator.  If it no longer
> brings you any joy, but only thoughts of billable hours slipping
> through your fingers, it's time to step down.
>
> JD

If someone would have asked even a year ago to take over the Yahoo list, I
would have given it serious thought. Since then I have invested into
panotools.info to create an immersive media portal. I'm too far into this to
just walk away. During this period I spent a ton of money on developing a
high end stitcher for fisheye images. Our goal was to create a Photoshop
like framework that allowed complete control over every aspect of the
transformation process and done visually and in  real-time. Each image could
be controlled independently and in unison. It also took care of blending,
color balancing and had a built in viewer to see the end results before
saving. Cool stuff. (sorry for the ramble)

PanoTools is really a blend of it's member base and me building a portal
around them. I'm not into this for a profit but to create a world wide
exposure to what Helmut never was given the chance to do and feature the
hard work of the developers that built on his work. The wiki is a chance for
the members that prefer photography over programming to share their
knowledge and experiences with the world.

There isn't to many other ways to explain this so I hope we are all on the
same page now.

John

PanoTools Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org
PanoTools PayPal Donation Account: support_AT_panotools.info (_AT_ = @)