Sender:Roger D. Williams
Date/Time:2005-Mar-17 09:41:13
Subject:Re: Offer

PanoTools: Re: Offer Roger D. Williams 2005-Mar-17 09:41:13
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:14:46 -0800, John Spikowski
<#removed#> wrote:

> The only member I trust enough to lead and manage PanoTools is Kevin
> Kratzke. If you can convince him to take over I will turn everything
> over to
> him. If Kevin has the time to organize the members of this group so it
> continues in the manor everyone is accustom, then I will step down as
> moderator of this list.

John, you seem to misunderstand. You are being asked very clearly NOT to
close down the Yahoo Groups list but instead to open it up so that others
can help you with the task of moderating. You are hearing from all sides
that it is not appropiate to force the members of this list to move to
your site (which will involve payment) from a site that is free, and is
still functioning adequately. It may be you feel entitled to profit from
the work done providing a spam-free home for the list. But all those who
provide free software and advice could say the same thing.

You fail to address these issues, and it is no help to say that there is
ONE person whom YOU feel could so a good job. You have demonstrated to us
that one person eventually finds it all too much for them. And anyway,
everyone--not just you--has to feel comfortable with the change.

Come on, John. Please say that you'll accept some help running the present
Yahoo list until it is clearly time to move somewhere else (clear to
everybody), and leave people free to join up with your panotools.info
site. Motivate them by making it one helluva good site, not by moving the
PanoTools list there.

Roger

PanoTools Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org
PanoTools Extended Topic Forum: http://forum.panotools.info