Sender:Bernhard Vogl
Date/Time:2005-Jun-15 23:36:40
Subject:Re: Re: helicopter panorama - shooting method

PanoTools: Re: Re: helicopter panorama - shooting method Bernhard Vogl 2005-Jun-15 23:36:40
Hello Joel

This is a freehand shot using a Sigma 8mm Fisheye and a Fuji S2.
2 main elements that i also suggested for the heli-panorama were also
important here: Fast shooting of the single images and "over-shooting".
I've stitched 4 selected images for the panorama. Nevertheless the stitching
errors were incredibily high. So i have added a 5th image and pasted parts
of the image with "creative adaption". If you look backward at the left side
you will notice that the ship is not stitched correctly...

If you are interested, here are some basic suggestions for shooting freehand
or with minimal setup: http://www.dffe.at/handheld/index.html

Best regards
Bernhard