Sender:Bruno Postle
Date/Time:2005-Sep-27 10:51:03
Subject:Remapping to a distorted fisheye (was:Open source panoramic viewer)

PanoTools: Remapping to a distorted fisheye (was:Open source panoramic viewer) Bruno Postle 2005-Sep-27 10:51:03
On Mon 26-Sep-2005 at 20:04 -0400, Sacha Griffin wrote:

> 1. For the love of god, I wish someone had an answer..  How do I
> get a real fisheye image out of an equirectangular image.
> Something that equals real distortions. Looking to get a full
> frame 180 degree image from a stitched image. The Remap plugin
> just doesn't cut it. I reckon, I have to provide inverse
> distortion parameters but don't know how to do it.

You can't go directly from equirectangular, so you need to convert
to an 'undistorted' fisheye first.

You will also need one of the original 'distorted' fisheye images to
use as a reference, it has to overlap at least some of the same
scene.

Add both images to a project, with fisheye set as the output format.
Select lots of control points and optimise roll, pitch, yaw, fov, a,
b & c for the 'undistorted' image - Leave the 'distorted' image in
place.

This *should* provide you with a set of reverse a, b & c parameters
that can be used to 'redistort' any 'undistorted' fisheye.

All untested of course, do let us know how you get on ;-)  If you
are using hugin you will need to tweak the script before
optimisation as hugin doesn't yet know about fisheye as an output
format.

--
Bruno

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/.Cr1lB/TM