Sender:Jim Watters
Date/Time:2005-Oct-27 15:12:24
Subject:Re: pano12.dll ver 2.7.0.11

PanoTools: Re: pano12.dll ver 2.7.0.11 Jim Watters 2005-Oct-27 15:12:24
Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> writes:

> > Faster tCA Correction
> > Incorporates Robert Pratt's improvement to correcting chromatic
> > distortion.  Only the color channel(s) that need to be processed are
> > processed.  Color channels with the exact same change are processed
> > together.  Instead of three separate passes only one or two may be
> > necessary.
>
> I assume a channel with abcd 0,0,0,1 isn't processed either.

Correct.  0,0,0,1 are not processed.  Identical are processed together.

> > New Antialiasing Filters
> > Incorporates Thomas Rauscher's <http://www.pano2qtvr.com/dll_patch/>
> > antialiasing filters.  Antialiasing is very useful when reducing the
> > size of the image to avoid aliasing.
>
> Even better! Is there a panoinfo interface to read out the new filter
> names such that the GUIs can use it to display them? Did you
> incorporate all of them? I think there should be some pre-selection
> since some of them might be very similar...

Yes, all of Thomas's aa filters are implemented.  A list can be obtained
through the query feature method.  The current Panoinfo will display what is
available and does not need to be updated.  The GUIs can choose what they want
to display, and what they want to use.

Query feature has also been updated to display the output formats and names
that are available.  If more get added the current GUI / apps can use them.

Jim Watters
http://photocreations.ca

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/.Cr1lB/TM