Sender:Helmut Dersch
Date/Time:2000-Jul-08 23:57:06
Subject:Re: morphing along a path...possible?

proj-imim: Re: morphing along a path...possible? Helmut Dersch 2000-Jul-08 23:57:06
C Evans wrote:

> This question is probably directed to Helmut, but all thoughts will be
> appreciated:
>
> Is it possible to morph two images in such a way that the control points
> move toward each other along a specified path (such as a curve) rather than
> only moving toward each other along a straight line?

It is possible, but I don't know the software that could do it.

The PanoTools package for Macintosh includes a morphing tool,
that morphs along straight lines, and an interpolator tool,
that morphs along a specific curve so that the resulting image
resembles an intermediate view. Neither of these programs accepts
user specified paths.

Regards

Helmut Dersch