Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2006-Feb-20 23:15:18
Subject:Re: PTGui 5.7 - how to use the antialiasing filters ?

PanoTools: Re: PTGui 5.7 - how to use the antialiasing filters ? Erik Krause 2006-Feb-20 23:15:18
On Monday, February 20, 2006 at 15:38, Thomas Rauscher wrote:

> EK> And do you have any estimation about execution times?
>
> I would say 50% to 100% slower than the original filters without fast
> transformation

Ok, I've done a quick test on my machine. The results are quite
surprising. Here the list for a remap from 4000x2000 equirect to 6
cubefaces with 1200x1200 each. I've used a modified version of my
cubefaces batch file with fast transform turned off.

filter number and execution time (mm:ss,0)

0  00:41,9
1  00:40,1
2  00:43,6
3  02:28,9
4  00:46,7
5  00:37,8
6  00:37,2
7  05:32,6
8  00:41,8
9  00:41,8
10 00:41,9
11 00:41,6
12 00:42,0
13 00:41,6
14 00:41,6
15 00:41,6
16 00:41,6
17 00:41,7
18 00:42,1
19 00:44,9
20 00:43,8
21 00:42,9

Filter 8 to 21 are the new anti-aliasing filters. Interesting that
only the older low quality interpolators poly3, bilinear and nearest
neighbor are slightly faster. The sinc filters are significantly
slower...

If anyone wants the batch files for own tests please mail.

best regards
--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de/