Sender:Fulvio Senore
Date/Time:2006-Feb-21 08:19:35
Subject:Re: Re: PTGui 5.7 - how to use the antialiasing filters ?

PanoTools: Re: Re: PTGui 5.7 - how to use the antialiasing filters ? Fulvio Senore 2006-Feb-21 08:19:35
Yes, those result surprised me too some time ago when I tried to speed
up the dll.

The speed differences are much smaller than expected: I looked at the
code and I understood that most execution time was spent in geometrical
tranformation, not in interpolation code, so changing the interpolation
code has a small impact on the total time.

When I realized it I developed what has been called "fast transform",
reducing the transformation time at the price of a (very) small image
distorsion.

Fulvio Senore