Sender:Joost Nieuwenhuijse
Date/Time:2006-Feb-20 15:23:34
Subject:Re: PTGui 5.7 - how to use the antialiasing filters ?

PanoTools: Re: PTGui 5.7 - how to use the antialiasing filters ? Joost Nieuwenhuijse 2006-Feb-20 15:23:34
I would like to clarify:

- For the 'old' interpolators of pano12.dll (which are not antialiased),
PTGui will do the necessary antialiasing prior to stitching. This can be
enabled with the 'high quality downsampling' checkbox in
Tools/Options/Panorama Tools. When one of Thomas' interpolators is used,
this feature is disabled automatically.

- The PTGui native stitcher always uses antialiased interpolators

In both cases a uniform kernel size is used for each source image,
whereas Thomas' interpolators calculate the optimum kernel size for each
pixel.

Joost