Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2006-Feb-20 23:58:17
Subject:Re: PTGui 5.7 - how to use the antialiasing filters ?

PanoTools: Re: PTGui 5.7 - how to use the antialiasing filters ? Erik Krause 2006-Feb-20 23:58:17
On Monday, February 20, 2006 at 15:23, Joost Nieuwenhuijse wrote:

> - For the 'old' interpolators of pano12.dll (which are not antialiased),
> PTGui will do the necessary antialiasing prior to stitching. This can be
> enabled with the 'high quality downsampling' checkbox in
> Tools/Options/Panorama Tools. When one of Thomas' interpolators is used,
> this feature is disabled automatically.

If I understand right anti-aliasing can be performed as blurring of
the source image. Isn't this advisable only in areas where
downsampling is performed? Depending on remapping there can be areas
with downsampling and with upsampling in the same image...

best regards
--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de/