Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2006-Feb-21 16:08:45
Subject:Re: PTGui 5.7 - how to use the antialiasing filters ?

PanoTools: Re: PTGui 5.7 - how to use the antialiasing filters ? Erik Krause 2006-Feb-21 16:08:45
On Tuesday, February 21, 2006 at 9:20, Joost Nieuwenhuijse wrote:

> > If I understand right anti-aliasing can be performed as blurring of
> > the source image. Isn't this advisable only in areas where
> > downsampling is performed? Depending on remapping there can be areas
> > with downsampling and with upsampling in the same image...
>
> You are correct, that's why Thomas' approach is the best in theory. But
> I think in practise, the difference in pixel density is not that large
> and the PTGui interpolators should give fine results.

Given a simple perspective correction - image tilted down several
degrees so it gets blown up in the lower half and compressed in the
upper half. How would PTGui react?

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de/