Sender:Roger Howard
Date/Time:2006-May-23 20:06:40
Subject:Re: PanoTools Funding Options

PanoTools: Re: PanoTools Funding Options Roger Howard 2006-May-23 20:06:40
On May 23, 2006, at 10:49 AM, John Spikowski wrote:

> The new PanoTools server is in NY with multi tier one connections. I
> appreciate your efforts as webmaster but managing the PanoTools
> effort is
> more then just supplying a box. After almost five years of managing
> the
> group, I think I'm doing a good job for it's members.

It seems you have a reasonable offer to offset the hosting costs, at
least, which seems worth considering. Didn't Bert just do a complete
redesign of the site? If so, it seems that he's already contributed a
lot in terms of operational needs. Can you spell out the other
funding needs beyond hosting, site development, etc? Have you
considered trying to work with IVRPA as a joint project? This is an
incredible resource, and one which I think all IVRPA members benefit
from - perhaps there's a potential alliance there.

-R

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM