Sender:Roger D. Williams
Date/Time:2006-May-25 06:27:17
Subject:Re: Re: PanoTools Funding Options

PanoTools: Re: Re: PanoTools Funding Options Roger D. Williams 2006-May-25 06:27:17
On Thu, 25 May 2006 06:00:16 +0900, John Spikowski
<#removed#> wrote:

> The move to a dedicated server was to allow the creation of three more
> mirrored  PanoTools sites. (.org, .net and .com) EZ-Web-Hosting had a
> large
> number of users on the shared hosting box we were on. Having a dedicated
> server, management can configure Apache and other server resources to
> best
> fit our needs. We can put whatever we want on the server and tie
> resources
> together.

Does this imply that three fully mirrored sites, mirroring anything and
everything, have been set up for .org, .net and .com?

Wouldn't simple redirection take care of that? Or are you intending to
use some form of dynamic allocation of these multiple resources to
handle bandwidth problems? If so, the bandwidth needs must be a couple
of orders of magnitude bigger than anything I could possible imagine
being generated by panotools.info.

Wouldn't mirroring be better done on a different server preferably on
a different continent anyway?

I get the impression that the salestaff of the service provider you
are using have sold you a grossly over-spec'd server. Either over
spec'd or over priced or both.

Roger

PS It looks as if my last contribution was the equivalent of several
years at the average rate, so I think I'll hold off until the next
round of solicitation.

--
Work: www.adex-japan.com, Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM