Sender:John Spikowski
Date/Time:2006-Jun-05 01:08:19
Subject:RE: OT : ignore if you want: Ref : Panotools.info Hosting

PanoTools: RE: OT : ignore if you want: Ref : Panotools.info Hosting John Spikowski 2006-Jun-05 01:08:19
> It seems that the majority of the group do not want you using
> such an expensive server for the site.
>
> You say that you are managing the server for the group, why
> do you not take input from the group for your decisions? You
> seem to have an attitude that you are above taking any input
> from the group, that nobody else could possibly have any
> valuable input.
>
> Why do you keep trying to guilt-trip people into contributing
> financially to something they do not agree with? Maybe if
> there was transparent discussion and input from the group
> before these decisions were made, there might be more support.
>
> It is funny that there was no mention by you of other domains
> being hosted on this server, until it was discovered by someone else.
>
> You don't take group input for your decisions, and you hide
> information like this from the group, I don't trust you.
>
> Simon
> Canberra
> AUSTRALIA

I had enough of this. No matter how much I do for this group it isn't enough
and I'm somehow taking advantage of everyone. As soon as the donations are
used up for the server payments (Nov 2006). I'm going to move the Wiki to
Wikipedia and shutdown PanoTools.info. I have donated hundreds if hours and
$$$ to make PanoTools a place we all could be proud of and all I get from
the non-supporting members is complaints.

The site is going to stay the way it is with no further enhancements till
then. Don't contact me or trash me again on this list.

John

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM

<*> PanoTools List Reader @ GMane:
    http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools