Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2006-Jun-05 07:21:31
Subject:Re: OT : ignore if you want: Ref : Panotools.info Hosting

PanoTools: Re: OT : ignore if you want: Ref : Panotools.info Hosting Yuval Levy 2006-Jun-05 07:21:31
John Spikowski wrote:
> I had enough of this. No matter how much I do for this group it isn't enough
> and I'm somehow taking advantage of everyone. As soon as the donations are
> used up for the server payments (Nov 2006). I'm going to move the Wiki to
> Wikipedia and shutdown PanoTools.info. I have donated hundreds if hours and
> $$$ to make PanoTools a place we all could be proud of and all I get from
> the non-supporting members is complaints.

Have you considered other alternatives to a shutdown?

How about handing over to others and see how they are doing? they might
stumble across the same resistance you have met and understand you better.

Shutting down would destroy what you have contributed to the community
in the past years. Handing over is giving the future a chance.

Imagine: Enjoy looking from the sideline how they are doing. Rather than
taking blame, give it :-). The pleasure of being a listmember like
everybody else, after all of these years of taking the burden of
leadership alone. Everybody needs some rest.

I am sure many of the donating members will gladly support you even if
the handover happens before the funds have dried up.

Let go of your creatures, John, and you will see that you have created a
wonderful thing. Nobody will ever take away the credit away from you of
having started it. Nobody will blame you for handing over after such
hard work.

A few years down the line, if you shutdown, you will be forgotten. If
you hand over, you will sit at a bar and people will ask you how it was,
back then, when you spearheaded the effort to give a home on the
internet for the knowledge that makes us all tick.

Long live panorama tools, beyond the lifetime of any individual here on
the list.

Thank you John.

Let's all keep this a nice place to be.

John: the next step is with you. Would you like to arrange for a
succession / handover rather than shutdown?

Yuv

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM

<*> PanoTools List Reader @ GMane:
    http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools