Sender:Roger D. Williams
Date/Time:2006-Jun-11 05:34:58
Subject:Re: PanoTools.Info News Letter

PanoTools: Re: PanoTools.Info News Letter Roger D. Williams 2006-Jun-11 05:34:58
On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 02:19:08 +0900, Mark D. Fink
<#removed#> wrote:

> Here is my question to the group, and I'll use myself and PTGui as
> examples.
> When I post an announcement about a new version of a pano head, should
> continued discussion take place here, or via my site? Along the same
> lines,
> when Joost has a new version that he is announcing, should ongoing
> discussions take place here or via his site? This is where we get into
> the
> gray areas. Clearly, WWP postings should take place on their list, and
> conversely, their list requests that general pano tools discussions move
> this list. But how do we handle the components that work together to form
> the "tools" of panotools, both hardware and software? Should I even be
> broaching this topic here, or on the PanoTools-List?

I use and love PTgui, and appreciate the many wrinkles that I have learned
about here on this list. I think the to-ing and fro-ing of problems with
BETA versions of this and other software are better off the list. I
certainly wouldn't object to a posting to the list of bugs squashed when
the new version emerges from BETA. That would be valuable information on
whether to upgrade or not.

> Personally, I feel that tools, either hardware or software, that are
> directly involved in the creation of panoramics should be discussed in as
> much detail as we want on this list. Resources for information or other
> related organizations, such as PanoTools.info and the WWP can be posted
> here
> when there are significant updates or events, but ongoing discussion
> should
> revert back to the respective sites/lists. Your thoughts?

This seems a very good guideline. Grey areas will arise... no sense
trying to foresee them all. Address them as and when they arise. Given
your obvious, ah, moderation, <g> and good sense I don't think anyone
will be too annoyed at what happens.

Roger W.

--
Work: www.adex-japan.com, Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger