Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2007-Jan-24 00:09:02
Subject:Re: Not enough memory (RAM) after reassembling with Pano2QTvr

PanoTools NG: Re: Not enough memory (RAM) after reassembling with Pano2QTvr Erik Krause 2007-Jan-24 00:09:02
On Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 21:36, Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock wrote:

> The Zenith and Nadir needed touching so I used Pano2Qtvr to convert
> from an equirectangle image to a cube, to be able to touch up the
> Zenith and the Nadir; once the patching was done the resulting pano
> was 7664 x 3832 and 225mb in size. Now I can't open it with CS2, I
> get the following message, "CS2 could not open the image because
> there is not enough memory (RAM)".

This seems to be the old packbits bug in Photoshop. Convert the pano
from packbits compression to LZW or no compression (f.e. with tiffcp
or ImageMagick - IrfanView works too, but reduces 16bit images to
8bit per channel). Then CS2 should open it.

However, it is far easier to extract and insert cubefaces with PTGui,
especially since it is not necessary to extract all faces if you only
need one or two. And it saves remapping steps if you instert only the
changed faces int the previously stitched panorama.

best regards
--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de/