Sender:Richard Moore
Date/Time:2001-Jan-05 06:20:18
Subject:Re:

proj-imim: Re: Richard Moore 2001-Jan-05 06:20:18
John Blommers wrote:

> Hughe's script results in an error because there are 28 variables to
> beoptimize but only 10 control points. Mathematically speaking you
> needat least 28 variables. My rule of thumb is to have at least 4
> controlpoints per picture, so for 10 pictures you should have 40
> control points.

That raises a question for me. If each control point is two constraints
(x and y), and
you have one anchor image, then for the second image a single control
point would
allow you to optimize yaw and pitch, and a second control point would
allow you
to optimize roll and field of view. Is it really necessary to have as
many control
points as John is recommending?

 -- Richard