Sender:Peter Murphy
Date/Time:2001-Jan-06 10:57:16
Subject:Re: Number of Control Points, was Re:

proj-imim: Re: Number of Control Points, was Re: Peter Murphy 2001-Jan-06 10:57:16
Hi Richard
re t-control points and morph-to-fit
see
http://listserv.fh-furtwangen.de/cgi-bin/lwgate/lwgate-en-proj/PROJ-IMIM...

where they get a going-over

briefly
t1 can be appended to control point lines to tell the optimizer that the
point pair
locations in those lines correspond to vertical features  in the scene
- eg the side of a building  (ie "ignore y when optimizing")
These point pairs can be in the same image or different images.
t2 is the same thing except it tells the optimizer the point pair locations
are on the same horizontal line - useful when the horizon is visible or
you want to rotate a horizontal rectilinear shot so a building is square on
in the frame (ie "ignore x when optimizing")

the morph-to-fit flag "u" can be appended to image lines to tell the
optimizer
to move the control points in those images
in the stitching process so they fit exactly
by warping the images

v=0
means the field of view of the lens in this
this image line is the same
as the field of view of the lens used
in image 0 ....ie if you are using the same lens
throughout set v=0  in all image lines after the
first     ....ditto for a=0 etc

I am not  clear on the various contexts in which
X,Y,Z are used so maybe someone else can explain those

cheers
Peter

cheers
Peter Murphy