Sender:Garret Veley
Date/Time:2007-Nov-28 07:57:37
Subject:RE: hobbies?

PanoTools NG: RE: hobbies? Garret Veley 2007-Nov-28 07:57:37
Hobbyist here, for the moment. Video production/post with occasional still shoots for a regular living. I got started on panos after I was approached to shoot a big pano job a couple years ago. I started testing & soon realized I needed to know a lot more before I could deliver a high enough standard. Had to let that one pass, darn it. Now I'm ready if it happens again (and there are hints it might...)

I definitely have to say thanks to all of you for the info I've gotten from lurking this list! You're a generous and informative bunch. :-)

Garret

________________________________
> To: #removed#
> From: #removed#
> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:55:57 +0000
> Subject: [PanoToolsNG] hobbies?
>

> Can I perform a simple "straw poll".
>
> How many people here are doing "pro" work,
> and how many are "Just playing".
>
> I'm just playing; since I have a digital camera
> (point and shoot) and a woodwork shop,
> I was able using my laptop and linux expertise
> to have a VERY cheap go at panoramas,
> using hugin and a normal tripod.
>
> I then made a usable
> pano head, and made a 360.
>
> All this was done just for fun, just
> to see what happened.
>
> Perhaps the recent threads have given
> me a skewed sample, but is EVERYONE
> else a pro?
>
> BugBear
>

> Messages in this topic
You keep typing, we keep giving. Download Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now.