Sender:Greg Stumph
Date/Time:2001-Apr-24 21:46:03
Subject:RE: FoV versus focal length formula for fisheye lenses?

proj-imim: RE: FoV versus focal length formula for fisheye lenses? Greg Stumph 2001-Apr-24 21:46:03
I am using a Sigma 8mm F4 MF lens, so according to the messages below I
should convert my images from "Convex Mirror" to "Fisheye Vert." using the
Remap tool *before* running them through the Optimizer and Stitcher? Am I
understanding this correctly?

If so, that's big news, and I'll have to revisit some of my panoramas to see
if I get better stitching results with this new method.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Greg Stumph