Sender:Ken Warner
Date/Time:2009-Jan-12 02:27:04
Subject:Re: new 360cities pano interface, was Re: Opera is annoying was: Re: "From a tower, without the tower"

PanoTools NG: Re: new 360cities pano interface, was Re: Opera is annoying was: Re: "From a tower, without the tower" Ken Warner 2009-Jan-12 02:27:04
That would be nice -- the first time you saw it.
How would it be to have to look at that *EVERY* time
you looked at *ANY* pano.

Do you think you would get as enraged as I would get?

I mean how many panos do you have to look at before you get
the idea of moving your view with the mouse? Once? Twice if
you are really stupid.  Maybe 10 or 20 times if your name starts
B and ends with ush.  But would a person that dumb really want
to look at a pano?  He'd probably look behind the monitor to see if
he could see the whole thing at once.

The question is how does a newbie -- a first timer -- get the message
to click and drag the mouse and then never have to see that message
again?  I'm thinking cookies and a standard JavaScript...