Sender:Bjørn K Nilssen
Date/Time:2009-Jan-12 10:16:26
Subject:Re: Re: Kenko fisheye lens...

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: Kenko fisheye lens... Bjørn K Nilssen 2009-Jan-12 10:16:26
On 11 Jan 2009 at 21:06, Ken Warner wrote:

> Thanks, interesting.  Doesn't sound too positive about the Kenko.
> Maybe it's cheap for a reason.  On the other hand -- it's really cheap.

I don't know that lens, but it looks quite strange. It says that it is to be mounted on
the filter ring, but at the same time it says that it is for SLR? And there is an
aperture ring on it + another ring (zoom/focus?)? Strange!

If you're looking for a good fisheye for a compact I would recommend Raynox DCR-CF185PRO.
It has no moving parts, it's heavy and not cheap (US$450+), but it works very well on my
Olympus C-7070. I think I have shot about 1000 panos with it so far. It's long and wide,
so I need 2 T-pieces to mount it on my Nodal Ninja panohead though..
It is very convenient to have a zoom fisheye, as it allows you to go from full circular
to FF and beyond, depending on how high res you want.
I now typically shoot HDRx3 or HDRx4 4around (-2deg.)+1up (60deg) and get 6400x3200 px.

--
Bj?K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D