Sender:erik_leeman
Date/Time:2010-Apr-11 22:58:33
Subject:Re:full vs. piecewise pano loading, was Re: New iMac 27' Flash performa

PanoTools NG: Re:full vs. piecewise pano loading, was Re: New iMac 27' Flash performa erik_leeman 2010-Apr-11 22:58:33
Thanks for your report Bruce!
You say it doesn't work in Firefox at all, do you have any idea why that is so? Do you have an active Flash blocker in Firefox or something like that?

I am getting the strangest and most worrying error reports from one particular visitor, also using a Mac.

He has the 'sticky mouse' I described and asked about earlier, but only in Safari. In Firefox he sees the pano turning like mad after mouse button release, like it's never going to stop.

Much more serious is that when he moves his mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen, his screen goes black, or switches to screen saver function. If he then moves the cursor back to the centre of the screen the (fullscreen) pano is gone, and he is on the HTML page again. I don't know for sure if this was in FF or Safari.

Later on he noticed the sticky mouse effect was gone in Safari, but then he had two mouse pointers over another, the normal arrow AND the pano cursor, the concentric circles.

He uses Flash player plugin version 10.0.12.36

Is there anyone else who experienced similar problems?
Anyone at all?
If so I would certainly like to hear about it!

Erik Leeman

(<http://www.erikleeman.com>)