Sender:luca vascon
Date/Time:2010-Apr-13 13:59:23
Subject:Re: Open Camera Control project

PanoTools NG: Re: Open Camera Control project luca vascon 2010-Apr-13 13:59:23
Nothing to be sorry...
I think there are many, many applications in which OCC does everything
you really need!!!
Unfortunately, it is not my case, what I mainly am looking for is like
having a breeze dslr camerapro controller without having to carry my
small tablet around with me.
And maybe able to control a lot of cameras together!!!
:-)
And maybe OPEN SOURCE and DIY.
Even more... the dream is to control it via something like Nintendo
DS....  a Symbian phone or an iphone only in a 2nd stage.
So, my comment were adressed to the first visible limits seen in which
I immediately recognized as my future own camera remote.

My frustration is that I can't do NOTHING like writing code or
software or similar.
I'd love to add my 5c in the project, and it can only be suggestions...
I find that using Arduino, together with chinese battery pack-boosters
hardware, or even prototyping  a brand new camera interface could lead
somewhere...
Even if witd dslrcamerapro you can actually have camera's feedback,
light reading etc. it is nothing you could not do simply remoting a
live view video signal!!!
So no need to software interface with camera.
:-P

--
Luca Vascon.

www.canalview.it