Sender:luca vascon
Date/Time:2010-Apr-13 17:52:21
Subject:Re: Open Camera Control project

PanoTools NG: Re: Open Camera Control project luca vascon 2010-Apr-13 17:52:21
2010/4/13 Christian Bloch <#removed#>:
> Well, the USB connection is very high on our list for OCC.
> Using the Nintendo DS has the advantage over plain Arduino, that there is already an established user interface, and thanks to the Nintendo DS modding scene the programming is fairly easy to do.
>
> Blochi

Christian, the more I think about it...
with a pin-out of the main cameras battery grip....
Take in account that many battery grips are mirroring the main camera
dials and functions!!!!
I've been looking them closely... Canon, Sony and Nikon ones DO offer
a complete control
Olympus, I do not fully understand
Pentax seems to.
Sigma does not.

As simple remote one could think to buy 2 cheap batterygrips to wire
2gether, so you end up with a bare grip on your hand with all
controls.
But you cannot program it!!
If you wire it to a Nintendo DS with software and interface you can!!
And you need only1 ;-)

In my opinoin Nintendo DS should be ALWAYS the main interface of any
eventual Arduino.
It is the ideal place where to program the camera to do things.

Graphical
Touch
Cheap
Long lasting batteries
Rugged enough

Arduino is good for it can fit USB host...
And could support wifi!!!!
:-)
But it is nothing without an human interface.

--
Luca Vascon.

www.canalview.it
www.officinepanottiche.com