Sender:Ben Newhouse
Date/Time:2011-Dec-16 01:14:34
Subject:Re: HTML5 panorama viewers

PanoTools NG: Re: HTML5 panorama viewers Ben Newhouse 2011-Dec-16 01:14:34
This correct, WebGL is conveniently almost exactly built as bindings on top
of OpenGL ES 2.0 (which is supported natively on most devices from the 3GS
era on).  WebGL isn't exposed in Mobile Safari yet but you can get access
to it in a UIWebView with a few hacks.

CSS3D is basically a way to take a rectangular object and position it in 3d
space (as opposed to regular 2D css which allows you to move elements
around a flat page).  Since you can make a cube out of squares, you can
just move them around to make a working pano.  It's built on top of OpenGL
ES, but highly abstracted away from it.