Sender:Richard
Date/Time:2012-Feb-14 20:29:33
Subject:Re: Panosaurus

PanoTools NG: Re: Panosaurus Richard 2012-Feb-14 20:29:33
I bought one about three years ago and sold it last year for almost what I paid for it.
I see there is a new design and is mostly stainless steel. It served me well.
This year I bought the Nodal Ninja 3 with the RD 16 rotator and love it.
Besides it construction, the thing I love about NJ, is that it takes the guess out of rotating the camera in degree increments because it clicks into place.  Whereas with the Panosaurus one has to eyeball its rotation and that can be tricky.  However, if you approach shooting in a disciplined manner, you will have no problems.  And if you get into shooting panoramas as I do for a living, you will want to get a Nodal Ninja or equivalent.

Richard