Sender:Trausti Hraunfjord
Date/Time:2012-Feb-14 21:12:19
Subject:Re: Re: Panosaurus

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: Panosaurus Trausti Hraunfjord 2012-Feb-14 21:12:19
Panosaurus was my first head, and it worked fine for me after initial
modifications.  I cut it, drilled it, added to it... and finally it fit my
needs.  Setting it up would take quite a long time prior to my
modifications, but after the modifications it took only 60 seconds or so to
assemble all parts + camera and tripod in place.  For frequent use or
professional use... I would have no problem to declare it un-fit ...
considering what else there is out there.  But for hobby or experimental
use.... not a problem.

The bad thing about it is stability, wind-catching, can not be exposed to
direct sunlight on a hot summer day while inside a vehicle (mine
experienced that, and was all warped afterwards).  It once fell for me,
while it was mounted on a tripod with the camera, and it broke apart.
 Nothing that super-glue couldn't take care of ... and that was what I
fixed it with at the time (hundreds of KM's from home).

I threw it in the trash once I got my Nodal Ninja 5.  I still consider it
as a good initial head for people who don't know if they will be bitten by
the panorama bug or not.  NN is however several classes above in
durability, transportability, precision, operation etc.  And the price
difference is totally justified in every way and form.

Trausti