Sender:Sam Rohn
Date/Time:2012-Feb-16 09:18:08
Subject:Re: What is happening to Panotools list?

PanoTools NG: Re: What is happening to Panotools list? Sam Rohn 2012-Feb-16 09:18:08
hi erik -

sorry, i meant no offense to this list or list members, but...

adding images to posts in goggle group lists via web interface is super easy, there is a proper upload image button in the post reply formatting area, and no similarly easy to use feature on yahoo groups

also, much better handling of the endlessly quoted replies that make this type of mailing list so tedious to follow, read, search etc, forums are far most configurable in terms of layout, options, flat view, easy to fix OT posts, etc, as opposed to poking through mssg by mssg in an email program, or the dated yahoo web view

i would also think that forums are hardly a fad, using email for a group like this was a nice workaround in its day, but it would seem to me that forums have been the standard tool that most online communities use to communicate for quite some time now, if the rest of the internet is any indication of popularity

however, facebook is not well suited to long detailed conversations, and it does not replace email or forums but it is much better than email for a great many things, just takes a bit to get our heads around something new sometimes

again, no offense to the great community here, but it is the community that is valuable, not the technology of the list we use, and at the moment, facebook is a very popular tool which should not be so quickly dismissed, there is a reason that fb has over 700 million users and yahoo is sinking deeper into oblivion every year... :)

thanks

peace

sam

sam