Sender:Sam Rohn
Date/Time:2012-Feb-20 02:34:19
Subject:Re: What is happening to Panotools list?

PanoTools NG: Re: What is happening to Panotools list? Sam Rohn 2012-Feb-20 02:34:19
hi pat -

sorry to all for the OT after the admin said basta, but just to clear up some misinformation floating around on the odd chance that anybody cares about the accuracy of information posted in this group

yes, the facebook panorama group is searchable, members will see a search box in the upper right of the page, and all old posts are archived back to day one

and yes, you can also choose NOT to divulge any personal info on facebook and other websites, they cannot read your mind, so if you do not want to reveal too much personal info just don't enter the data in facebook in the 1st place, and don't friend chatty relatives, etc :)

otherwise, those concerned about facebook stealing their soul or teenagers being friendly etc should see this link for info on safely using the internet - http://zapatopi.net/afdb/ ;)

personally, ive never been stranded on a mountaintop etc with a computer but without internet access and needing to search an old post on a mailing list, does this happen to you guys a lot or is it just a hypothetical situation ?

otherwise, cats etc, what are other yahoo groups about i wonder ?

yep, more random cat "argle-bargle", if i am using this term correctly

lots of cats on flickr too, but that is hardly all that flickr is good for

nobody ever suggested moving this ptng group to facebook, i certainly did not, or that the fb pano group was ever intended as any sort of "replacement" for this or any other group, but folks over here sure are cliquish & defensive of the yahoo group format, which i and many others feel is stuck in 1998, and presently in 2012 yahoo is clearly a rapidly sinking ship, & this inflexibility is to this communities detriment, but i am not really a regular here anyway so...

thanks :)

peace

sam

- - - - -