Sender:Jim Watters
Date/Time:2012-Feb-24 15:29:01
Subject:Re: android pano?

PanoTools NG: Re: android pano? Jim Watters 2012-Feb-24 15:29:01
On 2012-02-24 8:55 AM, prague wrote:
> what is the fate of panos on android?
> it won't be long before flash is not available.
> so how will we show panos on android?
Adobe's Flash roadmap released Feb23
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplatform/whitepapers/roadmap.html

Adobe will continue to release security updates for Flash Player Plugin on
Android. Flash Player 11.1 is the last release for mobile browsers. Security
updates will continue. I would guess it would be the same 5 years promised for
Linux.

The beta release of Chrome does not support Flash, so I never installed it on my
phone.
http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012/02/flash-chrome-for-android-beta...

Adobe and Google are working together to create a implementation of Flash Player
to support Flash on all Google Chrome browsers. Codenamed "Pepper". The emphasis
is to allow Flash on Linux x86/64 platforms. But why not mobile too?

Eventually there will be new Android hardware that wont be compatible with Flash
Player 11.1. Eventually Chrome will be out of Beta and will likely be the
default browser on Android. When Flash fails I downgrade to HTML5.

The HTML5 viewers I have seen so far do not match what can be done with Flash.
When will they have: Tiling and deep zooming? 360? video support? ...

--
Jim Watters
http://photocreations.ca