Sender:Hans
Date/Time:2012-Feb-25 14:47:02
Subject:Re: android pano?

PanoTools NG: Re: android pano? Hans 2012-Feb-25 14:47:02

--- In #removed#, "Hans" <hans@...> wrote:

> --- In #removed#, "prague" <panoramas@> wrote:
> >

> > Thank you Roger and Jim for giving me some insight.
> >
> > Again, let me ask: is there any alternative to Flash panos in he browser available on android in 2012?
> >
> > If not now, what is the likely format that will come? Does anyone know who is working on that?
>
> Yes Klaus is.
> See
> http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&amp;postID=34928&a...
>
> and
> http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&amp;postID=33058&a...
>
> and
>
> http://krpano.com/iphone/#future
>

> Hans

Actually Pano2VR seems to already have  WEB Gl support which works in Firefox on Android.
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&amp;t=7108&amp;p=...

I have to say it is all a pity as none of these HTML5 options will ever get the same quality as  Flash. Maximum size  without freezing or other problem for panoramas is just 2200 cubefaces and panning is often not even possible until the full panorama has loaded.

Many of the websites I see which have switched to HTML5 from flash give me constant crashes which flash never had for me.

Hans