PanoTools mailing list archive

Mailinglist:PanoTools NG
Sender:Mark D. Fink
Date/Time:14-Mar-2012 15:57:52 +0000
Subject:RE: Re: Shooting an orthogonal panorama, at close range

I'm thinking the slice approach might be your best bet. How smooth is the
floor? Can you mount the camera on a tripod that is anchored, (bolted
really), to a heavy duty board, then put a tape measure along the knee wall
that is to the right of your sample image with a marking every Xcm. Then,
you can slide the board along the floor and against the wall until you reach
the next mark, trigger the camera, slide again, and repeat. Finally, defish
and correct all the images and crop the whole batch in Lightroom. I just
tested the cropping feature, and you can select all the images, go into
Develop, set your crop on one of the images, then synchronize just the
cropping to all the images at once. There is probably an automated way to
assemble all the cropped images in Photoshop as well.

Mark

www.studio360.pro
www.northernlight.net
www.virtual-travels.com