PanoTools mailing list archive

Mailinglist:PanoTools NG
Sender:Bjørn K Nilssen
Date/Time:14-Mar-2012 23:13:49 +0000
Subject:Re: Re: Shooting an orthogonal panorama, at close range

P? Wed, 14 Mar 2012 23:38:31 +0100, skrev Henri Smeets <#removed#>:

> There is a guardrail, concrete with a glass top, as drawn in the picture. I
> was thinking about creating a 'dolly' that slides over the rail.

You could probably quite easily make such a dolly from parts from RAM mount. I have one component that mounts a camera on a car side window. Should be usable on up to 2cm thick glass.

Is it a flat wall, or with any depth, shelves or whatever?
I would've used my Zuiko 7-14mm which have 114 deg at the long side, and very little distortion even at 7mm.
But shooting two rows probably wouldn't cause too much problems neither? At least not as much as you'd get by using a fisheye.
PTgui should theoretically be able to stitch it if it is a flat wall, but I never got it to work very well - always ended up with tapering ends, like a Zeppelin.
I'd use PS with lots of vertical and horizontal guides.

--
Bj?rn K Nilssen - #removed# - 3D and panoramas

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)