Sender:Bruno Postle
Date/Time:2012-Mar-15 19:49:50
Subject:Re: How to find lens correction parameters with the calibrate_lens_gui

PanoTools NG: Re: How to find lens correction parameters with the calibrate_lens_gui Bruno Postle 2012-Mar-15 19:49:50
On Thu 15-Mar-2012 at 11:47 +0100, Andreas Siegert wrote:

> I am trying to use the calibrate_lens_gui tool from Hugin to find
> lens calibration parameters.  But it looks like the find lines
> algorithm and I do not agree at all.
>
> I would think the rail at the top in
> http://afximages.com/tmp/lenstest.jpg should do just fine, but at
> best I only get a partial line from this.  Occasionally, parts of
> the picture frame are detected as valid lines.  But most of the
> time the tools seems to detect invalid lines....

Click on any lines that you don't think are worth using, they'll be
marked as red and won't be used in the lens distortion calculation.

You could also try a subject with a few more lines in it...

Alternatively take multiple photos from different directions, as
many as you like, and load them in the Calibrate Lens tool all at
the same time - This is equivalent to a single photo with lots of
lines.

--
Bruno