PanoTools mailing list archive

Mailinglist:PanoTools NG
Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:23-Mar-2012 16:38:34 +0000
Subject:Re: awesome new camera remote

Am 23.03.2012 00:51, schrieb Phil:
> On most cameras using only the Bulb mode/jack won't give you the
> faster shutter speeds that are often needed. I ran into this when I
> was trying to create my own using an Arduino and ended up buying a
> Promote Control. It uses the Bulb mode jack plus the USB port and
> works great on a Canon 30D and 5D MKII.

For bulb mode bracketing there is a far cheaper and smaller solution:
and the extended version:

I still wonder why no one uses an Arduino USB host controller and
implements the PTP protocol on it:

However, I think this is the wrong group to discuss that. Better to
continue on PanoToolsNG...
(CC and Reply-To set)

> --- In #removed#, Jeffrey Martin
> <360cities@...> wrote:
>>> this sounds just great. i guess with the amount I complain about
>>> camera capabilities, I just have to get this!
>>> will anyone else get one? $50 seems like a very good deal for
>>> what they say it will do....!

Erik Krause

<*> Wiki:
<*> User Guidelines: