Sender:Hans
Date/Time:2012-Apr-04 11:38:36
Subject:D800 with 10.5mm

PanoTools NG: D800 with 10.5mm Hans 2012-Apr-04 11:38:36

--- In #removed#, luca vascon <luca.vascon@...> wrote:

> On saturday I could test the camera for around 20minutes.
> WOW!
> 36 megapixels, and all of them are there!!!
> :-)
> I tested it with my shaved 10.5mm, results were amazing, I was oddly off of
> npp, I think. I had to retouch the whole thing a lot.
> Does PTGUI take in account 10.5 odd projection issues!?
> But, well... 13200x6600 pixel in THREE shots means something uh?!
> At 800 iso it keeps a very good shape, dynamic and just a subtle noise that
> we could call grain, and that can be changed for "detail".
> AMAZING camera. LV controls are now on the back, continuous shootings etc
> are on the top left dial and not blinded any more, there is a top button
> dedicated to bracketing, even if bkt interval is still limited to 1stop
> steps.Camera is smaller and 100g less than D700, and you can feel it.
> Control dials  and buttons feel even more tough than usual.
> Part of the foolish price is due to the clean hdmi out... that categorize
> it under broadcast professional video equipment, and looks like they have
> to pay taxes for it.
>
> images here asap!!!

Sorry but this is not correct.

The max panorama size for shaved Nikkor 10.5 with 3 4912x7306 pixels images from D800 is 10236x5118

Not much larger than from my old 5D which gives me 6728x3364
And my 5D mark II gives me 8640x4320.

I doubt very much that the extra resolution  of 10236  kontra 8640 is worth upgrading.

21 mp up to 36 is in reality not much.

Hans