PanoTools mailing list archive

Mailinglist:PanoTools NG
Sender:R1
Date/Time:17-Apr-2012 22:08:16 +0000
Subject:Re: Re: Will an HD TV function as a PC display?

I purchased a Sony 55" LCD TV about two years ago.  I am using it when needed as a display for a mini-PC i5 WIN7 PC (via VGA connector at 1080), intermittent use with a WIN7 laptop PC (HDMI at 900), and intermittent use with both an iPod and an iPad (HDMI).  All work very nicely.  I use the TV for PC apps and Internet browsing, Netflix and Amazon movies, TV shows from Hulu and networks, and other on-line sources.

Since you indicated that you will be purchasing the TV locally why not ask if you can return it if it doesn't work acceptably as a PC display?

Also be sure to check the specs to see if the TV has a true 1080 panel (I assume that 720 panels are no longer being used, but it doesn't hurt to be certain).

Bob D