Sender:R1
Date/Time:2012-Apr-19 05:02:29
Subject:Re: Re: Will an HD TV function as a PC display?

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: Will an HD TV function as a PC display? R1 2012-Apr-19 05:02:29
Roger -

I do have the new iPad - but that does not fill the entire screen - what it fills is proportional to the orientation of the iPad - portrait or landscape - at 4:3.  iPads 2 and 3 are " up-to" 1080 capable, but many apps are not aware of that. When running a slide show, wide panoramas will almost fill the screen, as do certain video apps, such as Netflix (but the video quality does not seem as good as the Roku output and the video output of other apps are of even lower quality).

Thanks for your questions - I've had to do a bit testing and learning about the HDMI output.

Bob D