Sender:John Houghton
Date/Time:2004-Nov-10 23:52:10
Subject:Re: entrance pupil - nodal point

PanoTools: Re: entrance pupil - nodal point John Houghton 2004-Nov-10 23:52:10

--- In #removed#, "Erik Krause" <#removed#>
wrote:
> On 10 Nov 2004 at 8:59, John Houghton wrote:
> Sorry, but from optical geometry this can not be true. You don't
> change refraction by putting an aperture somewhere, hence you can
not
> modify the location of nodal point with this technique.

I did say that this did not change the position of the nodal point.
It is nevertheless the case that if you experimentally determine
the "no parallax" point, it corresponds to the position of the
aperture, not the nodal point.  Try it yourself.

John

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM